We have had a fantastic year in 2019. A few of the highlights include attending some of the largest medical exhibitions in the world such as MedLab in Dubai and AACC in Los Angeles. This year was also hugely successful for our Director, Annette Thomas, who was honoured with not one but two awards!
We are very proud of our Weqas team who have been raising money for various charities throughout the year, including Children In Need, Holly’s Christmas Appeal, Epilepsy Action, Save The Children and The Big Issue Foundation. In total our staff have raised over £900 this year!
- MedLab Middle East Congress, Dubai – 4-7 February
- AACC Clinical Lab Expo, Anaheim – 4-8 August
- Annette Thomas was invited to Bangkok to share her experiences on the Wales POCT Network – 11 September
- IBMS Congress, Birmingham – 22-25 September
- EQALM Symposium, Ljubljana – 17-18 October
- Annette Thomas was presented with the Adam Uldall award – 17-18 October
- Advancing Healthcare Awards, Cardiff – 26 November
- Annette Thomas received the Welsh Government lifetime achievement award in healthcare science – 26 November
- Weqas Annual Conference, Cardiff – 10-11 December
What does 2020 hold?
2020 promises to be just as busy with several events already lined up. Keep an eye on our events page to find out where you can expect to see us next year.