Our third Party controls provide accurate, independent, unbiased, quality tools for use as part of your quality assurance process. CE marked Internal Quality Control (IQC) and Quality Control Reference Material (QCRM) can be assayed daily to provide confidence in your analytical testing. Our products are clinically relevant, value-added QC, expertly designed by a team of Clinical and Biomedical Scientists with over 20 years experience in manufacturing. Weqas also has the capability to produce bespoke IQC products tailored to your specific requirements.
We recommend Weqas Quality control for:
- Patient Safety
- Error Detection
- Eliminating false rejection
- Ensuring compliance with Regulatory Bodies
- Ensuring analytical output is robust and in control
Examples of PoCT IQC
- Lipid Control Norm is an assayed quality control material which includes Cholesterol, HDL Cholesterol, Triglyceride and Glucose for use in Healthcheck programmes for monitoring the performance of PoCT analysers. The material has been assayed using both laboratory and a range of PoCT methods.
- Urine hCG Controls for PoCT Pregnancy Testing are available as a negative and positive control. Samples are also available near the limit of detection of the methods to aid your competency testing programme.
- PoCT Glucose & Ketone Controls are available as liquid stable material at 6 concentrations to cover the analytical range.
Examples of Laboratory IQC
- Cardiac Marker IQCs is a liquid IQC with Troponin values at or near 99th centile “diagnostic cut point”.
- A number of Quality Control Reference Materials (QCRM) are available which provide traceability to a higher order method.
- Chemistry QCRM linearity panel are available as a range of up to 8 samples and are suitable for ISO 15189 method verification. These can be customised to your requirements.
- Bile Acid QCRM is available with ID-GCMS target values and uncertainty of measurement for the individual Bile Acids.
- Endocrine QCRM is provided with ID-LC-MS/MS Reference values and uncertainty of measurement for a number of steroids.
- Ethylene Glycol Linearity Control – available at 5 linearly related concentrations.
- Positive and negative controls for guaiac based Faecal Occult Blood tests (FOB).
Testosterone / Cortisol Standards
The use of Tandem Mass Spectrometry has increased significantly for steroid analysis and is now a routine procedure in some laboratories. Testosterone and Cortisol Tandem MS standards are used as an assayed quality control material for verification of “in house” prepared calibrators to assist laboratories with ISO 15189:2012 compliance. Weqas’ standards are prepared and value assigned by the Weqas Reference Measurement Laboratory using traceable material of the highest metrological order.